Why you should enter
Established in 1999, the AR Emerging Architecture awards support young architects and designers at a key stage in their career, promoting their best work to a worldwide audience. Previous winners have included Carla Juaçaba, Shigeru Ban, Rick Joy, Ana Heringer, Sou Fujimoto, Thomas Heatherwick, Neri & Hu, Li Xiaodong and Frida Escobedo.
- There is a prize fund of £10,000
- All finalists will receive a complimentary three-day WAF delegate pass (Euro 1,325)
- All entries will be displayed in a permanent gallery on the AR website
- All finalists will present in person to our world-renowned judging panel TBC
- The presentations will take place (in closed session) inAmsterdam at the World Architecture Festival (4 to 6 December 2019)
- All finalist projects will be published in a special edition of The Architectural Review.
- Awards will be presented at an invited event in central Amsterdam.
- All finalists will be invited to join the AR editorial team, judges and sponsors at an exclusive eve-of-presentation dinner in Amsterdam.
- All finalist projects will be exhibited on the AR stand at WAF
- All finalists will receive a complimentary three-day WAF delegate pass
- All finalists will be invited to make brief presentations on a WAF stage on Friday 5 December
- AR will make a contribution to finalists’ travel costs based on location