Now in their twentieth year, the AR Emerging Architecture awards support young architects and designers at a key stage in their career, promoting their best work to a worldwide audience. Previous winners have included Shigeru Ban, Rick Joy, Anna Heringer, Sou Fujimoto, Thomas Heatherwick, Neri & Hu, Frida Escobedo, and Avenier Cornejo – while the AR can take no credit for their individual talents, the award galvanised the success of these architects by promoting them on a global stage.
- There is a prize fund of £10,000
- All finalist projects will be published in a special edition of The Architectural Review this November.
- All finalists will present in person to our world-renowned judging panel including Ángela Garcia de Paredes.
- The presentations will take place in closed session at RAI Amsterdam during the World Architecture Festival, from 28 to 30 November.
- All finalists will be invited to join the AR editorial team, judges and partners at an exclusive eve-of-presentation dinner in Amsterdam.
- Awards will be presented at an invited drinks reception in central Amsterdam.
- All finalist projects will be exhibited on the AR stand at WAF
- All finalists will be invited to make brief presentations on a WAF stage on Friday 30 November
- All finalists will receive a complimentary three-day World Architecture Festival delegate pass (Euro 1,325)
The AR will make a contribution to finalists’ travel costs based on location